Monday 10 March 2014

Author Interview- W. Ferraro

Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing (W. Ferraro) author of (The Hamden Series)

Hi (Wendy), thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Thanks for having me.  I’m releasing my fourth Indie published book, Breaking Spades.  This is the fourth installment in my Hamden Series.  This book was a lot of fun to write.  I’m a lover of reading and true life romance.  You know the kind that involves realistic flaws and imperfections.  I love to lose myself in a story that I can easily picturing occurring.  I’ve always wanted to write and one day I decided to just “give it a go,” and well, here I am.  I live in New England with my husband and two small children. 

What are your ambitions for your writing career? 
Hopes that when someone opens my book, they never regret their choice to read my stories.

Which writers inspire you?
So many, but to name a few, Lori Foster, Elizabeth Lowell, Kat Martin, Alice Montalvo-Tribue, Lynetta Halat, Heather Gunter, Mary Wasowski, Tracey Manning, Beth Michelle.

So, what have you written? T
hree of Hearts, Hamden Series #1, Three of Spades, Hamden Series #2, Three of Diamonds, Hamden Series #3 and now Breaking Spades, Hamden Series #4
Where can we buy or see them?





iTunes/books Store search: W. Ferraro


Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?
CeCe and Jarod are both carrying scars.  One is trying to protect themselves the other is trying to right a wrong.  Put them together and you have a hot and sassy read.

What are you working on at the minute?
I’m venturing out of Hamden, Vermont and am writing the first installment in my next series.

What’s it about? 
About a small town sheriff that wants nothing to do with another woman after he was scorned, yet he can’t control the draw he has to the towns newest citizen.

What genre are your books?
Contemporary Romance

What draws you to this genre?
Stories about adults, you know people that are above every night at the bar or the daily happenings on a college campus.

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
I envision CeCe coming to life by the lovely Serinda Swan.  Jarod Gates has always been Tom Hardy to me.

How much research do you do?  I research portions that I want to keep accurate, but most of my books are my imagination or parts of my life that are just too good not to be shared.  Some of the best fiction isn’t fiction at all,

Have you written any other novels in collaboration with other writers? 
No but I would love to.

When did you decide to become a writer? 
I always wanted to write, yet I still have a hard time considering myself a writer.

Why do you write?
It’s a passion that I enjoy and people tell me I’m good at it, so why not?

What made you decide to sit down and actually start something?
My daughters desire not to sleep for the first couple of years.  She just liked to be awake, I needed something to do.

What is the hardest thing about writing?
Creating a story that someone would want to read.

What is the easiest thing about writing? Envisioning the characters.  Especially when I’m watching television, “Oh he would make a good character.  I see him as…”

How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Four months

Do you ever get writer’s Block?
Yes and it isn’t a pretty sight.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?
Talk it out with people.  Why are you stuck?  Where is the story, where do you want it to go?  How do you want it to end?

Do you think that the cover plays an important part in the buying process?
Yes.  I released Three of Hearts and Three of Spades with what I wanted the covers to be.  Needless to say they didn’t get much notice.  Then I decided to rerelease them with hotter covers and dang, people were really excited about it.  We are creatures of habit.  You wouldn’t want to see a movie that doesn’t look entertaining right?  So why would you want to buy a book that didn’t grab you either? 

How are you publishing this book and why?
Indie, it is a fabulous community and there are always people willing to help. Don’t get me wrong, I think it would be fabulous to get signed by a big name publisher but being Indie, I make the rules, so that definitely has its perks.
 
What’s your views on social media for marketing?

I couldn’t sell a book without it

What is your favourite book and why?

Oh this is a tough one, but I will go with Lori Foster’s Too Much Temptation.  It was the first book that I read that dealt with a heroine with self-image problems.  You know big girls need love too.

What is your favourite quote?

Too many to say but one of my favorites is, “Over me? To be over me, babe, you'd have to have been under me. And if you'd ever been under me, there'd be no getting over me." ~ Adrian from Everything I’ve Never Had by Lynetta Halat.  I mean Dang!

What is your favourite film and why?

Love Actually, because Love really is all around us.

Where can you see yourself in 5 years time?

Happy that I didn’t let my fear hold me back, other than that who knows.


What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

Go for it.  Even the most proclaimed and established authors aren’t liked by everyone.  If someone doesn’t like you story, it doesn’t mean someone else won’t.

How can readers discover more about you and you work?
Website: http://booksbywferraro.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BooksByWFerraro
Twitter: @AuthorWFerraro
Pinterest:
http://www.pinterest.com/wferraro/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6566069.W_Ferraro

 Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment